Before Intravenous Anesthesia Sedation
Home Instructions Before Oral Surgery
Please follow these instructions to prepare for oral surgery with IV Sedation.
- You may not have anything to eat or drink (small sips of water are ok) for 6 hours prior to the appointment.
- No smoking for at least 48 hours before surgery.
- A responsible adult must accompany the patient to the office and drive the patient home.
- The patient should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following anesthesia.
- Please wear loose fitting clothing with sleeves which can be rolled up past the elbow, and low-heeled shoes.
- Contact lenses, jewelry, and dentures must be removed at the time of surgery.
- Do not wear lipstick, excessive makeup, or nail polish on the day of surgery.
- If you have an illness such as a cold, sore throat, stomach or upset bowels, please notify the office.
- If you take routine oral medications, please check with Dr. Rockacy prior to your surgical date for instructions.
- No marijuana use or THC products for two weeks prior to surgery. Doing so can cause untoward complications including respiratory, cardiac, and neurological issues. In rare cases death can occur. We are not responsible for any of these issues should any THC products be in your system.